Aluminium foil | IEC 62368 Edition 3, CDV Aluminium foil For Wireless Charge
The following foreign object are used:
IEC CDV 62368-1/Ed3-Figure 49(including thermocouples)
WPC defined metal objects that can be placed between Qi wireless transmitters and receivers and used to evaluate the FOD operation and performance.
The Qi Foreign Objects are WPC defined metal objects that can be placed between Qi wireless transmitters and receivers and used to evaluate the FOD operation and performance. These objects may be used for conducting temperature rise tests required for both transmitter and receivers.
Product developers looking to quickly characterize and test wireless power transmitter and receiver foreign object detection (FOD) performance. WPC specified foreign objects with attached thermocouples are used to monitor temperature rise at the interface surface per WPC requirements. These objects are useful for design debugging, characterization/tuning, and Qi pre-compliance testing.
• Centered Aluminum Disc foreign object specified by WPC V1.2
• Mounted in PEEK high temp plastic frame
• Includes K-type thermocouples and connectors
• Adjustable alignment fixture with 5mm graduations included for aligning
TPR#5 coil holder and AVID’s Low and Medium Power FOD Receiver coil
• Can be used to run WPC thermal compliance tests for FOD
• Can be used to help characterize and adjust FOD detection algorithms
and thresholds for V1.2 and newer transmitters
IEC CDV 62368-1/Ed3-Figure 47
IEC CDV 62368-1/Ed3-Figure 48
IEC CDV 62368-1/Ed3-Figure 49